AP Content API
AP Content API allows you to search and download AP Images content using your own editorial tools, without having to visit the AP Images website.
With millions of images dating back more than 100 years, AP Images is one of the world’s largest collections of historical and contemporary imagery. The AP Images collection is constantly updated and includes entertainment, fashion, news and sports coverage from The Associated Press and a variety of content partners.
The API provides access to AP-owned, member-owned and third-party photos, including the full archive.
Access the API
Work with your own editorial system. Your editors search and download AP Images content using your own editorial tools:
- Run a search.
When an editor performs a search in your editorial system, your custom program searches the AP Images collection and displays search results along with key metadata.
- Pick a result to view metadata.
When an editor selects a search result, your custom program retrieves full content metadata from the AP Content API system.
- Download an image.
When an editor wants to download a particular image, your custom program downloads the requested content file from the AP Content API system.
AP Content API Documentation
- AP Content API Overview (PDF). Get a quick introduction to the API (PDF).
- Developer's Guide (PDF). Review the complete documentation of the API methods (PDF).
- FAQs and Troubleshooting. Quickly find answers to frequently asked questions and review troubleshooting tips.
- API Console. Interact with the AP Content API. Discover, test and debug live calls.
- Code Examples. Get a head start with sample code (for example, in C#, Java, PHP, Python and Powershell).