AP Metadata Services
Add value to your news content with AP’s industry-leading metadata -- accurate, comprehensive, richly detailed data, designed specifically for use by news publishers.
AP Metadata Services is a new set of APIs that gives you direct access to the same metadata system that supports AP’s award-winning, global news operation. There are two components:
- AP News Taxonomy: A comprehensive classification system, including standardized subjects, people, organizations, geographic locations and more, all designed with news content in mind. Frequent updates ensure timeliness, and a rich network of semantic relationships between concepts enables creative solutions for content linking, search and discovery.
- AP Tagging Service: Receives your news content and automatically enriches it with all the relevant metadata tags from the News Taxonomy. This smart service goes well beyond mere text extraction; it uses human-created semantic rules to understand your content and identify the most pertinent concepts and topics.
Good metadata offers a variety of benefits, opening up new possibilities for connecting with readers and managing content. For example:
- Deliver targeted, relevant news products based on particular topics.
- Create engaging search and discovery experiences for your readers.
- Support contextual advertising.
- Use detailed content analytics to inform editorial coverage and planning.
Talk to Us
For additional information about AP Metadata Services, please contact the Associated Press at firstname.lastname@example.org